Infection of the nails can give you bad appearance problems. Obviously, besides giving you the embarrassment every time you wear open shoes, infections may also limit what you can do every day. One good example of an infection is toenail fungus.
The problem is characterized by the appearance changes of your toenails, pain, and possible detachment of your nails at the worst level of the fungus spread.
It is expected for your toenails to degrade in color and quality. Although treatments are available for your assistance in eradicating toenail fungus, it is still preferable to use preventive measures in addressing the infection.
In order to give you tips that work, here are the following:
- Clean your feet and toes properly. You should keep your feet and toes from further bacterial or fungal infection. It is also best to settle with a good drying regime after every wash of your feet. Get rid of excess moisture, which may cause your feet to become a thriving place for bacteria or fungus. If you want an easier way of drying your feet, you may conveniently use a hair dryer. In addition to this, it is recommended to use foot powder without yeast to prevent breakouts.
- Avoid sharing towels with others. This is helpful if you want to get rid of toenail fungus spread. It is a must to practice using your own towel and washing it once every week if immediate laundering cannot be done. In addition to this, every time you use your towel, make it a habit to wash your hands after to avoid bacterial spread.
- Keep your toenails cleaned and groomed. This is vital if you want to avoid injury, which may lead to fungus occurrence. With open wounds on your skin, you may likely create a breeding area for fungus. It is best to settle with a straight and short nail cut. It is also best to use a different clipper if you are already affected by toenail fungus. Most importantly, you should use nail tools that are washed and disinfected in every use.
- Use socks and sandals instead of walking barefoot. This is necessary, especially during treatment of toenail fungus. If you are walking barefoot and your feet are affected by toenail fungus, you will likely increase the risk of your housemates to toenail fungus. Although it is necessary to let your feet be exposed to air, you still need to limit its adjoining tendencies to the floor.
- Wear cotton and breathable socks. This is helpful if you want to avoid perspiration and retention of moisture in your feet. This goes well with a pair of shoe that is comfortable to wear.
- Wash your sheets regularly. The tip works well in stopping the spread of fungus to other areas of your body. The recommended schedule is at least once a week.
The given tips work well in preventing the spread of toenail fungus. Besides giving you utmost protection from making your other nails become affected by toenail fungus, you will also provide your family members safer environment to live in.
** Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.