When you are wearing shoes uncomfortably or tight shoes and when you are exposed to infectious and damp places, you will likely to experience toenail fungus infection also known as Onychomycosis which is the result when microorganisms infect the nails.
Fungus lives in places that are dim, wet, and warm. This occurs underneath the nails which is hard to reach and treat and when it worsen it can cause discoloration in the nails and can cause nails to become weak and brittle. Those who are living in the humid places, older people, people with history of diabetes, with weak immune system, having perspiring feet, and those who love bathing in the public places are high risk of having toenail fungus infection.
Most of the reasons why you will suffer from toenail fungal infection is because you are wearing shoes uncomfortably and harshly as well as when you are going to wet and infectious places where fungus are living. When you will take for granted this toenail infection, you will experience changes in the appearance of your toenails which are disfiguring and can weaken your toenails.
The great news is the there are lots of natural treatments available which will not require you to undergo any surgical and medical procedures.
- Use Vinegar. Look for a basin and then fill it with warm water and vinegar. Put your toenails inside for about 20-30 minutes. After, wipe your toenails with dry towel. It is advisable to do this process two times daily for effective healing.
- Tea Tree Oil. Dip a cotton ball in the tea tree oil and rub it in the affected area in your toenails. Have this application twice daily, in the morning and evening before you sleep. Tea tree oil is considered as a natural and great fungicide and antibacterial thus good for combating fungus infection.
- Listerine Mouthwash. You just need to soak your toenails where there is fungus infection in the basin where there is Listerine for 30 minutes. It can help remove the fungus in your toenails. Do it 2 times a day.
- Seed Extract and Grape fruit. Mix the grape fruit or seed extract with water and rub on the affected area. You can rub it in the affected nails and then rinse. Wipe with a towel to dry it off. Also, do in the day and night.
- Rubbing Alcohol. You can use any kind of rubbing alcohol available. Have a basin and fill it with water mixed with rubbing alcohol. Soak in it your affected toenail for 30 minutes in the morning and evening. Dry your toenails using a clean towel.
It is therefore necessary to treat toenail fungus infection when it is still new and fresh to avoid spreading the infection in your entire toenails. By utilizing the natural toenail fungus treatment, you can save from spending much money and you can save your toenails from being damaged. Always clean and dry your feet to be away from any fungus attack.