Toenail fungus is an infection that can be found underneath the surface of the nails. It can affect your nails and even the surrounding skin. This is due to the immediate spread of fungi from its root location. It is expected that once you get affected by the condition, your nails will turn darker in shade and possible marks can also become palpable.
Besides affecting the appearance of your nails, the problem may also impair your capability to function very well.
Getting rid of your problem can easily be done at home, especially if you only have a mild type of toenail fungus.
To give you perfect suggestions for toenail fungus treatment, you have the following remedies: **
- Vicks vapor rub. The solution is a magical trick in order to eradicate the fungus causing your toenail fungus. It can clear up the first signs of the infection, making it an ideal preventive solution as well. This is a soothing home remedy that will also give you overwhelming smell of treatment. You just need to apply it on the affected area. After doing so, you should preserve the topical solution by applying a band-aid. You can repeat the process every morning and night.
- Tea tree oil. This is a proven natural anti-fungal solution for toenail fungus. It is known for supplying fungicide properties to the nails, which can eradicate the infections properly. You just simply need to rub the solution on the affected toenails to get positive results. However, in order to get an effective mixture out of the tea tree oil, you should first mix it with equal amounts of thyme or olive oil. Tea tree oil can provide promising results if you have not too old toenail fungus.
- Apple cider vinegar and baking soda solution. This remedy is first applied by soaking your toenail fungus in apple cider solution for 10 to 30 minutes. After doing so, you should create a warm water, a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, and two to three tablespoons of baking soda solution. The paste solution would be rubbed on the affected toenails. It is also best to keep the solution on the toenails as long as possible. Make it also feasible to use the remedy twice a day.
- Orange oil. This can give you rich amounts of antifungal agents. You just need to use a dropper to apply orange oil between your toes and under your toenails. You should let the mixture sit in your toenails for an hour. If you think you have the tendency of experiencing allergic reactions with the use of orange oil, you should first start with patch test.
- Vitamin E and vinegar. You need to create a soaking solution out of warm water and vinegar. Let your toenails be soaked into the mixture for about 15 to 30 minutes. After the step, you should dry your toenails and rub vitamin E over your toenails. The vitamin will quicken up the healing process of your infection. It is also best to apply the remedy twice a day.
** Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.