Toenail fungus infection is a nail problem and infection that destroys and disfigures the toenail which can be overlooked at first. Micro organisms infect the toenails and make them become hideous and unappealing because it distort and obliterate the keratin cells which are the nail building tissues and its core skin.
The infection will start in the toenails but will also slowly lead to inflammation, discomfort, and infectivity as the infection will be widened immediately by the time the fungus enters the nail through wounds and cuts. When it becomes severe, this will cause you great pain and surgery will then be required which is a great cost of money.
Do not take for granted the toenail fungus infection because it can change your life once you become infected. Thus, it is necessary that you know how and why it occurs and on what are the things and treatments to be done to remove and cure this infection.
- When your feet are always wet and sweating.
- When wearing same shoes all the time without drying them.
- When you cut your toenails very close to the skin which will then cause wounds and cuts.
- Wearing tight fitting shoes which can weaken the toenails.
- When you have a break or a wound in the nails which educe the micro organisms to enter.
- Heat and humidity.
- Lack of circulation of blood and moisture in the toenails.
THE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
- Sometimes, the occurrence of toenail fungus treatment is unnoticed at first. It becomes noticed when it become itchy and painful. Here are some of the signs and symptoms of having toenail fungus infection.
- Frail and blistering toenails.
- Toenails attain discoloration such as it becomes yellowish, blackish, and brownish.
- Wearing shoes becomes painful.
- Dull toenails losing its shine and luster.
- Foul smelling toenails.
THE DO’S AND DON’TS
- Always wash and sanitize your feet.
- Avoid using public showers and places. But, when you cannot avoid using and going there, just use slippers or sandals. Do not go there barefooted.
- Avoid sharing your toenail stuffs such as socks and clippers.
- Always wear appropriate shoes that are not tight-fitting and not wet. Wear socks but be sure to change two or three times a day especially when you have sweaty feet.
- Always keep your nails clean and dry. Trim nails habitually.
Careful attention to hygiene is necessary when you want to avoid having toenail fungus infection. Good thing that there are treatments available these days. It is best to ask first a podiatrist on the right treatment for you and on the best treatment that can eradicate the development of fungus and prevents upcoming infection.
Irritation like redness and inflammation will be lessened and removed. But, there is an exception in using treatments such as pregnant and lactating mothers are not allowed to do treatment as well as to children.