Toenails fungus infection is a nail disorder that destroys and disfigures the toenail which is overlooked at first. This is caused when tiny organisms transmit a disease to the toenails and make them ugly and unappealing. These tiny organisms or fungus destroys and deforms the nail building tissues which are the keratin cells and its core skin.
The infection will start in the nails and then it will spread around the skin surrounding the toenails which will then slowly lead to infection, inflammation, and bleeding. It takes 3-4 months to recover with this infection but when you will have the toenail fungus treatment and do careful attention to your hygiene, fast treatment is feasible.
By the time the fungus will enter in your toenails through wounds and cuts, it will immediately spread infection which will let you experience pain and embarrassment. Heat, humidity, lack of blood circulation, and damp feet are some of the causes of its occurrence and you can be high risk of this nail infection.
Thus, it requires you to pay careful attention to the infection and it should start with your sanitation. Clean and dry feet will be kept away from any toenail fungus infection but when you have the opposite, you are highly at risk of suffering from this toenail infection.
To fight against the infectious fungus that is infecting your toenails, it should always start with your hygiene to prevent surgery treatment.
Here are some of the things you need to pay attention with:
The Do’s and Don’ts
- Always use antifungal spray or powder in your feet before and after wearing shoes and sandals.
- Regular trimming of toenails is required to keep them clean and dry.
- Always wear slippers, shoes, sandals when in the public places.
- Consider always the salon where you will have your manicure and pedicure regimen. Choose the clean and hygienic salon.
- Keep away from using fake nails and enamels.
- Wear suitable socks and at all times change socks 2 or 3 times a day especially when you have damp feet.
- Avoid sharing your foot stuffs and nail clippers, and socks.
- Avoid using public pools, bathrooms, and showers. But when it is necessary, do not go barefooted.
- Always wash and sanitize your feet with antifungal soap and products.
The Few Treatment Options
Here are some of the treatments that are useful in removing and curing toenail fungus infection.
Make sure to decide with the prescription of your doctor.
- Antifungal tablets.
- Antifungal current medicines such as gel, cream, lotion, or polish.
- Antifungal nail paint that contains ciclopirox olamine or amorolfine.
- Surgical operation. This is essential when the topical medicines and antifungal soaps are not anymore effective because of the severity of the infection.
Toenail fungus infection is easy to combat with ensuring that you are taking careful consideration with your hygiene. At first it will be just a simple itchiness but once you took it for granted or overlooked this infection, you will surely regret for doing so because this can disfigure your toenails and your appearance as well.
Thus, always have the finest toenail fungus treatment for your nail infection and be able to spend as the need arises.
** Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.