Toenail fungus infection is one of the conditions that will give you more than a headache—humiliation and embarrassment at the same time. This problem can be most seen in adults. It is due to the fungi that are found in the nails and the outer skin layers of your nails.
It is said that toenail fungus is more common than the fungus affecting the nails. The infections may result from nail injuries, minor skin wounds, deformed nails, moist skin for a long time, immune system issues, and frequent use of closed-in sandals or shoes.
If you want to eradicate the problem effectively, you may then use the simplest remedies proven by experts and people themselves.
To give you ideas regarding this matter, here are remedies that work:
- Vinegar and Vitamin E Solution. You can create a simple home remedy out of water and vinegar of equal parts. By mixing the equal parts of the solutions, you will already get a healing solution to apply. You just need to apply the solution on the affected areas and leave it on for 15 to 30 minutes. After applying the liquid solution, you should then rub the vitamin E oil over the toes affected. This will double up the healing process of your skin. Use the regime twice every day to get best results.
- Tea tree oil. This is rich with antiseptic solutions, which will help a lot in killing the fungus causing the toenail fungus in your nails and skin. The oil has its rejuvenating properties, which is why it is often used in treating other skin infections. You can simply rub the oil on the affected toes and nails. Leave the solution on the affected area for 10 minutes. It is best used on toenail fungus that is not too old.
- Vicks Vapor Rub. The rubbing solution has its magical cure for all. This is time-tested and proven by lots of people. It has cooling properties that may also eradicate the first signs of toenail fungus. You simply need to rub it over your affected toes. After doing so, you may dry it with air or you can place Band-aid over your toes.
- Baking soda. This powerful remedy will give you means of fighting away the fungus causing the problem. It is noted for working quickly. To create the solution, you need four cups of hot water, half cup of baking soda, half cup of Epsom salts, and a quarter cup of peroxide. After mixing the primary ingredients, you will need another quarter of white vinegar to add into the mixture. You need to soak your feet first in vinegar for a few minutes after applying the solution on your toes. For best results, you need to repeat the process every ten hours for four weeks.
- Garlic. This contains allicin, which is necessary in dealing with toenail fungus with the help of its antifungal properties. For fast treatment, you simply have to apply a mixture made up of garlic oil and equal amount of white vinegar on the affected areas.