Toenail fungus can cause great changes to your toenails. Besides promoting the presence of fungus under your nail bed, it is expected that this problem will physically affect your toenails. The common physical symptoms of the problem are thickening of the skin, yellowing of the nails, and developing of crumbling edges of the nails. Aside from the said symptoms, you may also experience pain and inflammation during the existence of toenail fungus.
Your diet plays a big role in treating your toenail fungus.
In order to address the problem, you may try following these easy-to-do tips:
- Eat fruits every day. You need fruits every day. However, there is a note that you must limit your intake to one or a couple of pieces of fruit. This is due to the fact that fruits contain high sugar levels, which may cause the feeding of fungus, making them grow and thrive even more. Limiting your intake will eradicate your toenail fungus quickly and effectively. It is said that by doing so, you will get proper metabolic functions for your sugar, which later on becomes energy that will support your system in fighting away fungus.
- Avoid refined carbs. The refined carbohydrates will only give you worsened symptoms of toenail fungus. In order to prevent eating the foods, you should take note of eliminating cookies, bread, pasta, cakes, candy, and crackers in your list of daily foods. In order to replace them effectively, you should then focus on quinoa, brown rice, and porridge.
- Drink probiotics. You need probiotics in order to promote the antifungal agents in working into your system. The best source of the solution is the sugar-free yogurt. This will fill your gut with natural bacteria, which will then fight off the infections in your body that include toenail fungus. If you want other sources, you may then take the solution in supplement form.
- Avoid gluten. This is abundantly found in wheat-based pasta. Gluten is responsible for sugar breakdown, which is beneficial for your toenail fungus. As a response, you must reduce your intake of wheat-based pasta or gluten foods if you want to steer away high levels of sugar in your body. It is said that you need just the right sugar consumption to control the fungal infection and eradicate it quickly.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages. These are known for containing microbial agents, which will promote the proper development of toenail fungus in your system.
- Eat raw onion and raw garlic every day. This tip will significantly help you in reducing the infection in your system. They are both helpful in strengthening your immune system, thereby giving you energy to fight away fungal infections in your body. Other than that, they are also found with traces of anti-fungal properties. If you want alternatives to the two foods given, you may then have grapefruit seed, ginger, and oregano.
The given dietary solutions are all effective and have been backed by medical studies. Follow them with commitment so that utmost healing of your toenail fungus will be promoted.
** Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.