Top products to rely on this 2014
A good toenail fungus treatment will end your days of embarrassment and hiding your feet in closed-toe shoes. But before starting on a treatment, know why you have a toenail fungus.
A toenail fungus results to discoloration (often yellowish or brownish), thickening, distorting and crumbling of the nail. Oftentimes, it emits a slightly foul odor. It is also painful especially when you wear shoes.
Beware of the white spots appearing on the nail, that’s fungus forming. The infection is caused by dermatophytes, a certain kind of fungus. They prefer a warm and moist environment. They enter your skin through wounds and cuts.
You increase your chances of getting toenail fungus if you are older, have poor blood circulation, if your nails are thick, if you perspire heavily, if you are wearing closed shoes often, if you walk on wet areas such as swimming pools and public shower rooms, if you have athlete’s foot or if you have a weak immune system.
TOENAIL FUNGUS TREATMENT
Although toenail fungus treatment may take time and repeat infections can occur, many medications secure your chances of complete healing.
Here are some:
- According to its website, the product “Kills nail fungus, helps clear yellow keratin debris, applies easily with topical brush and is natural, safe and effective.”
- It is a natural toenail fungus treatment that consists of tea tree oil, Vitamin E oil, jojoba oil, undecylenic acid, Lemongrass oil, clove oil, antimonium curdum, mancinella, nitricum acidum, arsenicum album, sulphur 12x and Thuja Occidentalis (Arbor Vitae).
- The natural oils make for better penetration, so treatment starts from the root of the infection.
- It also softens the surrounding skin.
- This is an oil-based anti-fungal ointment you can buy over-the-counter.
- It contains Manuka oil, a very effective antifungal agent. It can also prevent or treat ringworm and athletes foot.
- It also contains tea tree oil and almond oil.
- To use, start by soaking the affected area in a baking soda and water mixture for 15 minutes. Then allow the area to dry completely. Apply Fungavir.
- Funginix has essential oils that are anti-fungal agents and moisturizers such as camphor, undecylenic acid and tea tree oil.
- According to its www.funginix.com, Fuginix use will result to fungus-free toenail in just two weeks.
- This toenail fungus treatment contains Propolis extract, Uva Ursi extract, tea tree oil, Aloe Barbadensis juice, lavender oil, clove flower oil, jasmine oil and isopropyl palmitate.
- The mixture also prevents or treats ringworm, athlete’s foot and other fungal infections.
Nail-Rx Toenail Fungus Treatment
- Users claim that results are visible after 3 weeks of using Nail-Rx. They added that it has no preservatives or perfumes, can work even if you wear nail polish and has no side effects.
- The ingredients include: lavender oil, tea tree oil, lemongrass oil and clove oil.
Over 30 million people suffer from toenail fungus and by choosing the best medication for you, you need not be one of them.