Toenail fungus is one of the major problems encountered by people of today due to the worsened poor hygiene habits of people. Obviously, you will be more prone to the condition if you practice poor maintenance of your feet cleanliness. Other than that, it is possible for your feet to be the breeding place for fungus if they are commonly moist, left warm, and unlikely built with poor immunity.
If you are already in the middle of encountering the problem, you still have means of controlling toenail fungus. You can resort to quick remedies for your problem in order to inhibit the worsening symptoms of toenail fungus.
In order to give you possible solutions, here are the following:
- Vinegar and Vitamin E solution. Primarily, you need to prepare a mixture out of equal parts of warm water and vinegar. After doing so, you need to soak your feet into the solution for about 15 to 30 minutes. Once the water cools, you may now take off your feet from the solution. You need to perform the soaking twice every day. After soaking, you need to rub vitamin E solution onto the affected toenails. The vitamin is proven helpful in quickening the healing pace of your feet.
- Tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is rich in fungicide and antiseptic properties for toenail fungus. It is naturally helpful in treating your fungal problem, especially now that it has been approved for effectiveness in healing other infections of the skin. If you want to heal your toenail fungus, you may simply rub the oil onto the affected areas of your nails for 10 minutes. After doing so, you need to scrub your toenails. It is necessary for you to dilute tea tree oil with equal amounts of thyme or olive oil to prevent irritation of the skin.
- Vicks Vapor Rub. This is considered to be a magical solution for toenail fungus. This is a remedy known for addressing the first signs of infection in your feet. It can give you cooling solution for your toenails. After rubbing the solution over the affected nail, you may simply cover it up with Band-aid.
- Baking Soda. In order to prepare the solution, you need four cups of hot water, a quarter of peroxide, a half cup of baking soda, as well as a half cup of Epsom salts. After mixing the ingredients, you need to add a quarter of white vinegar into the solution. You will use the mixture as a soaking solution for your affected toes for a few minutes. After doing so, rub the solution using a cotton ball over the affected toenails. It is best to repeat the solution every ten hours for about four weeks.
- Orange oil. The solution is known for providing antifungal properties for your affected toenails. With the help of dropping orange oil on your toenails, you will find it easier to address the symptoms of the problem.
The given home remedies are all proven and tested by experts. Just use them properly so that you will get utmost results.
** Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.